Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the best to those on the eastern seaboard in the path of the upcoming storm/storms, I hope all is well after Sandy passes as it was before. Prayers from north east Texas !!

God bless.
Cogburn

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Just got the call for voluntary evacuation. Im staying. Cleaned and set up the shed for chooks. Worse comes to worse, they come inside with me. I've got a second floor so might be up there with 6 cats, 3 dogs, 4 chooks and me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ax in the attic

all the best to those on the eastern seaboard in the path of the upcoming storm/storms, i hope all is well after sandy passes as it was before. Prayers from north east texas !!

God bless.
Cogburn
please tell ppl. To put an ax in their attic! They don't want to get caught up there and not have a way out onto their roofs!

·
Banned
984 Posts
American Red Cross has an "App" which is easily downloaded and will give you the locations of 100+ shelters which are now activated in preparation for the storm. As soon as the airports open back up, many of us in the Red Cross will be there to help the affected areas!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Energyvet said:
I have upstairs windows that give me roof access. And buckets for the pets.
No waves I hope? Second floors don't help if your house is demolished by waves and/or debris. My town was wiped out by Katrina.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Just lost power. Top of the coop blew off. Glad I put them in the shed. Now the basement starts flooding cause no sump pumps. :-/

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just caught the weather, it's pretty bad in New Jersey, and the worst is yet to come.. Flooding, trees already blown down, expected to last next 2 days.. Keep in touch here if possible EV.! Hold er head up Newt, she smells Alfalfa !!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Not sure how many more posts ill be able to make. Fence is down for the second time. Towers are down so no email. Don't want to use up my phone so turning it off in between times. Winds are really picking up. Afraid somethings gonna come through the window. Hunkered down with the pets in upstairs bedroom waiting it out. Hope to talk again soon. :). Namaste!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
just saw pictures on the news here in u.k. it looks bad. will be checking back so keep us informed that your okay. wishing you all good luck.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts