Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My African Gray parrot has been acting strangely.She has tried to move into the space between my loveseat and wall.I had to cover up the loveseat because she was eating it and pulled the wall paper(which I hate anyway!!!)off and shredded it.I tried making her stay in her cage but she destroyed her feathers so I let her have her way.Well,when trying to get her to put her by her food and water,she started attacking me viciously which is unusual.So I got a flashlight to see what was so special back there and found an egg.I thought it was pretty big for a 1 lb bird and understood why she was in such a bad mood.She just turned 15 yrs old.It looks like a big nest behind my loveseat.Here's a pic of Sally and the egg.Sorry Sally's pic is dark but I had to coax her out and it's dark back there.Now she hates me because I took her egg.Well,I can only do 1 pic.Can't get the pic of the egg to upload.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
I wish one of us was there to help you with the pics.

Is it unusual for them to still be laying at that age? Is there a Mr. African Gray?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's just a teenager.They live 80+ years.She goes to my daughter when we can't care for her anymore.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.and she's one of the few people Sally likes.She was a rescue.She was 6 when we got her and we were her 5th home.A neighbor had her and kept her in the laundry room with a squeaky dryer.She made ear piercing squeaks for almost 3 years before she stopped. She hated me but took to my husband right away.Me and her are great friends now but I really had to work on it.Now she hates me again because I took her egg.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
What? You think CQ will die of old age before the parrot? The number 1 cause of cage birds dying is aspergilous (sp?) I used to clean the cage daily removal of poop on paper towels or chux and a squeezed out sponge with water and dawn, the strength you need for dishes.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,I hope she outlives me.She's still got 60 yrs or better.I got 20,30 tops.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts