Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my 8 (now 7) runner ducklings died. I have no idea what happened! If anyone had ever had a duckling die could you please tell me why mine would just die out of the blue like that.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about ducklings but hopefully someone will come along soon who can help you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No signs shown before he died, was just as healthy as the others. Went to bed and then when i woke up he was dead and there was a duck standing on him.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dumor chick starter
It says on the bottom of the bag a complete formula for starting chickens, ducks and geese; and growing chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, quail, pheasant and chukar.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Make sure it's non-medicated. If it is medicated, switch over to an 18-20 percent non-medicated game feed. Also try giving them niacin supplement disolved in the water.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what im doing, one of them (now the smallest one) always stands on one leg or lays down, doesn't usually walk around.

·
977 Posts
I have seperate food for my baby chicks and my baby ducklings. The ducklings need the niacin that I believe the chick starter doesn't. Not really sure. Sorry about your duckling, he didn't look sick at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts