Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that there was nothing for rosecombs yet so figured I'd start one :) my iPod broke and I had to reset it so this is the only picture I have currently of my rooster ( like my FB page shamrock silkie ;) )

image-1428194016.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in WI and the only ones I ever see are mine and a breeders in MN but I haven't heard of any down south. I feel like most rose comb breeders are pretty private lol they're hard to find

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I had Barney, my little Kid Rock of the Rosecomb variety, the American badarse. He was a barred Rosecomb, and a mean little bugger!! He would pose on his stump, unless I had the waterhose with the trigger handle. He was just too good for it!! The bottom picture was his sweet face, his "hey baby, gimmie a bite of whatever you've got" look. It worked.

Barney11.jpg

barnman.JPG
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya rosecombs roosters are terrible little creatures!!!! Mine have figured out the art of bite and twist lol!!! I love barreds wish I had something more unique like that

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do not see a huge amount of rosecomb chickens due to them not taking heat as well. Bigger comb chickens do better in hot weather from my experience.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They actually do better in heat then cold This winter I lost 6 of them because the temp dropped to 30 and we were out of town :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts