Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home to find a trail of blood. I have a purebred Ameraucana rooster who has been fighting with my Banty Cochin roo thru the bars of a dog crate. I didn't think they could do that much damage to each other thru spaces so small. They are both bleeding but my big guy seems far worse. What do I do?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
You can use water to wash them up. If you have neosprin you can use that. Other than that just let him heal. Roosters are pretty durable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apyl said:
You can use water to wash them up. If you have neosprin you can use that. Other than that just let him heal. Roosters are pretty durable.
Thanks, he is eating and drinking well. Has a slight limp as he knocked off a spur. But I did move my bantys to my garage so they can't see each other I may sell my 2nd roo even tho he is so darn cute and sweet. My big guy is equally sweet and he lived here 1st. Got a heavy heart right now... For my guys being hurt and the prospect of selling one :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank god I work for a livestock pharmacy, he already has antibiotics on board to prevent any possible infection

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Put a piece of plywood or something up so that they can't see each other. That is one thing about Bantam roosters, once they start, they will fight until they just can't fight anymore. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Anything topical, scratches, lesions etc. I use Dr. Harvey's Healing cream. You can get it at DrHarveys.com. It's about $10 a jar and lasts forever. Great on skin stuff. Ok if they ingest it too. My 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts