Chicken Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stay on a housing estate is there such a thing as a quiet rooster or are they all loud in the early morning and all day?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I'm not sure what a housing estate is, but my roosters both crow at 4am every morning and all day long until dark.

·
977 Posts
Same with mine! I have 5 roosters in 3 different pens. It is a contest sometimes. My Silkie roosters are alittle quieter but not by much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an estate here is a built up area surrounded by houses. looks like I will just have to stay with the hens and maybe get some fertilized eggs down the line

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I live in a similar area... and sort of cheated by allowing Serama roosters.... They have 1/3 the crowing volume as a normal rooster, seem content to be pretty quiet most of the day, and when they do crow it sound like a broken toy more than a rooster. No one's complained yet. *knock on wood* Some people are trying to breed crowless Seramas as they occasionally pop up. I am not sure how useful a tiny rooster is to you though. It's only useful to me because I'm trying to get fertile Serama eggs out of him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts