Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a problem for me but My Bantam Cochin Frizzled Rooster has started every day spending about 20 minutes in a nest box and taking a nap. Usually around 10 am and 2:00 pm. He never stays more than 20 minutes sometimes no more than 10 minutes. Out of curiosity does anybody else have a Rooster who does this. All of my chickens have always had perks about them that most chickens don't have.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they come to a place of chicken luxury and decide they will be eccentrics like many high society folks! LOL!
All joking aside. He came from a petting zoo. He and his parents may have been trained to go in a box during these times. 10 AND 2 EVERY DAY, The time never changes. Most time he stands guard like a shepherd protecting his flock. He runs them all out of the house in the morning and back in the house at night. He Never will ever eat one bite until the 9 girls have eaten. He is a wonderful little fellow!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so glad you got him. He makes this whole chicken adventure so much more fun for you.

How is your wife taking this chicken addiction you have?
She is still working and I am retired so she is happy I have an interest, Some love golf, some go out drinking, some go out fishing and hunting. ME I have chickens. Plus we get free eggs.

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
2,168 Posts
This is not a problem for me but My Bantam Cochin Frizzled Rooster has started every day spending about 20 minutes in a nest box and taking a nap. Usually around 10 am and 2:00 pm. He never stays more than 20 minutes sometimes no more than 10 minutes. Out of curiosity does anybody else have a Rooster who does this. All of my chickens have always had perks about them that most chickens don't have.
I think ur rooster becomes a hen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts