1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image-2438489447.jpg

image-3748801209.jpg

image-2097773926.jpg

The first two pictures I think are Roos they are a mix of blue copper marans and ex batts
And no 3 I think is a hen. She is meant to be a blue laced wyndotte... But she is an eBay egg so not sure.

What do you think? Gutted the bigger one I think are Roos I'm hoping for a different opinion though! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super bent toe!! It doesn't seem to hurt or bother it. I tried to fix it but it just screamed at me so I thought best just leave it!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Does the one in the front gave wattles? Only my Roos have developed them at around 5 weeks. All the girls don't even have a peak of them yet. At 6 weeks my columbian rock x roo is very obvious too. His comb is twice the size of the girls, his wattles and comb are super red and he's a bit thinner and taller than the ladies. Your birds might develop slower but they kind of look like girls to me. Maybe the one with the bent toe is a roo? The coloring on them is fantastic! Beautiful birds!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The two grey ones have the start of wattles as does the brown one. But very slight. Not like other Roos I've had before.
The bendy toed one acts like Roo. But you have given me hope that a least one may be a hen!!:)

It'd be bad luck to hatch 3 Roos! I have 6 silkie chicks as well that my broody hen hatched. I'm hoping that they are mostly hens..... But then you can't tell with silkies for months!

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Honestly for right now I'm seeing three pullets. That could always change as they age though. Lol update pic in a week please?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry they are not closer, I wasn't walking into the compost pile to get to them! But these are all 6 weeks old. I hope you can see how much my roo stands out. His comb and wattles are large and red while the others are light pink and teeny.

image-574132475.jpg

image-740942376.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
The eye color on them is amazing! I think ladies too, there's hardly any comb at all. Unless the develop slow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts