Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the weekend, it might be hard to get his attention.

But if anyone can steer you in the right direction it would be him.

Thanks for the link. That helps too.

OK, now it's time to give? What are you up to that you're looking at a cabinet incubator? Fun stuff?

To be honest, I really don’t need an incubator that can handle 528 eggs, but it’s not much more expensive than the 264 so I thought, “why not have more capacity”.

I’m working on a Black Copper Marans blood line, and I need a reliable cabinet incubator. The GQF 1502 is always the “go to” for most folks. But hate to give all the business to the big guys, especially since I’ve heard their customer service isn’t so great.

There doesn’t seem to be many reviews for the Rite Farm cabinet incubators of any models, so I was hoping someone here would be able share any experience.

· Administrator
25,420 Posts
Incubators were a part of JediPat's past life. He might have had a chance to test one of them out and can give you an idea about what the thought.

The biggest issue with any of them now are the electronics. Almost all come from China and can fail early or never. Finding an old cabinet incubator might be the safest thing.

How far have you gotten so far in your breeding program? Do you have a resource to rehome those that you don't want to use in a breeding program?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty early in my process. I’ve only hatched small numbers at this point and birds that I needed to rehome have gone to friends, family, and neighbors.

I am just a hobbyist. I have a successful career doing other things, but I will probably be selling them in the future just so I can cover my expenses.

· Registered
Incubation Wizard
131 Posts
Just a heads up, these are a Chinese made incubator and the manufacturer themselves do not warranty it. With that being said, if CoopsNMore has a reputable background and good warranty I would try it out and hope for the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts