Chicken Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know. Believe me I love all my birds
I'm talking about people. If you can't handle losing a chickens, losing a person is going to be very, very rough.
Hmm i could slove it. I just need a lot of details and some pics.
I'll try to get you some pics later.
Hmm, Wonder what it was, Mystery I suppose!馃樁
I do, too. I suppose so. A snake couldn't have caused the wounds he sustained.

Registered
Chick Lover
I'm talking about people. If you can't handle losing a chickens, losing a person is going to be very, very rough.

I'll try to get you some pics later.

I do, too. I suppose so. A snake couldn't have caused the wounds he sustained.
Do you possibly have ferrets around your place?

Registered
Well, in that case, yes, we have weasels. My dad said he had a weasel kill his chickens before.
Well you might think that not can get in or out of you pen/run. But weasels are like fence no problem. Roof no problemo. So it could of killed your bird.

Registered
Chick Lover
i think they meant weasels. ferrets are domestic and cant live in the wild. Any weasels you know of?
Oh my goodness sorry I always get those 2 mixed up based on how similar they are.
Sorry if I confused any of you!

Registered
Floof queen
My Silkie rooster Strut died last night. Something got him. I don't know what. Whatever it was didn't eat him. There's no way anything could have gotten in or out. The door to the pen was closed.
I'm so sorry! :( I am praying and hope you will recover soon. Most times when a chicken (or anything,) dies, we try to recover to quickly. But acknowledging the feelings is very helpful when treating grief.

Registered
Floof queen
Thank you. Yes, 1,000% sure. There's only three so he wouldn't be hard to miss.

I'm sorry about that. Never good.

That's no way to live. The pain of losing one that you love is not half as bad as the pain of knowing you didn't take the time to love someone, and care for someone. Love is the strongest force out there. So love. Love conquers all. Even the fear of loss.
That's really weird that your chicken died and was mutilated, AND it wasn't a fox or raccoon or snake or rat, yeah that's a mystery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm so sorry! :( I am praying and hope you will recover soon. Most times when a chicken (or anything,) dies, we try to recover to quickly. But acknowledging the feelings is very helpful when treating grief.
Thank you very much! So true.
That's really weird that your chicken died and was mutilated, AND it wasn't a fox or raccoon or snake or rat, yeah that's a mystery.
Yeah. I'm thinking it may have been a weasel right now.

Registered
My Silkie rooster Strut died last night. Something got him. I don't know what. Whatever it was didn't eat him. There's no way anything could have gotten in or out. The door to the pen was closed.
So very sorry for your loss.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts