Chicken Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am saddened to report that my lady Polko disappeared on the 18th. I am not sure what happened only that she didn’t return when I called her named. We have had some Fox spotting and I believe she may have fallen victim😔.
I am always attached to my animals and this wasn’t any different.

I did get 2 chicks yesterday (younger than what I wanted) we got Buff Orpington and a Colombian Wyandotte but my ❤ Still aches for Polko.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so sorry, @Ptamom.

If you don't have one, construct a secure run. A roof included. That way when you know preds are in the area you have the option to let the girls out and be safe.
I do have a pretty secure run and definitely coop. She was free ranging with Cleo. Usually, they don’t too far and I have now started to make sure they are in the run before dusk.

·
Administrator
24,628 Posts
Fox will come right into your backyard during the middle of the day. Ask me how I know.

No? Well, I'll tell you anyway. I was at my computer when I caught abnormal movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a fox after one of my Guineas in the backyard. I ran out the backdoor in my stocking feet, hit the ground running, yelling for the #%^@^ fox to leave my bird alone.

He didn't get the bird.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fox will come right into your backyard during the middle of the day. Ask me how I know.

No? Well, I'll tell you anyway. I was at my computer when I caught abnormal movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a fox after one of my Guineas in the backyard. I ran out the backdoor in my stocking feet, hit the ground running, yelling for the #%^@^ fox to leave my bird alone.

He didn't get the bird.
I would do the same thing. Looking like a crazy chicken lady chasing the fox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts