Chicken Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Backyard Breeder
1,329 Posts
My hens lay better to classic country. I have a radio in the coop that stays on. A while back it got unplugged and within a couple days they all quit laying. A few days later I snapped the radio hadn't been on and plugged it back in. The next morning there was an egg. The next day a few more.
I'm still not 100% sure it was lack of music but I have kept the music playing ever since. :)

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Mine seem to really enjoy it when I sing them hymns...they seem to pause in what they are doing, gather around and listen. When I am done, they slowly go back to what they were doing. It's kind of beautiful!

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Yeah...I don't think it's my singing that soothes them. :eek: It may just be morbid curiosity of what they see as my death throes and they are waiting around to see if I will taste good when I finally fall down in death! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LittleWings said:
My hens lay better to classic country. I have a radio in the coop that stays on. A while back it got unplugged and within a couple days they all quit laying. A few days later I snapped the radio hadn't been on and plugged it back in. The next morning there was an egg. The next day a few more.
I'm still not 100% sure it was lack of music but I have kept the music playing ever since. :)
That's so awesome, I have 4 chicks. They are my first chickens, so I'm trying things out. But my chickens are definitely digging soothing reggae, I put on a faster song and they got up and started running around.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Mine like country music!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
:confused:
Yeah...I don't think it's my singing that soothes them. :eek: It may just be morbid curiosity of what they see as my death throes and they are waiting around to see if I will taste good when I finally fall down in death! :D
LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts