Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife likes her dark pink toenail polish in the summer, yes, it is getting that warm here. She walked into the free range area yesterday, flip flops (coop shoes) on and went to pet one of her favorite chicks, our 8 month old Roo Goldie (yes, it was supposed to be a pullet). Well, you would have thought Goldie had gone rabid as he went and started attacking her feet. We went to get a stick just so she could get out of the fenced area, one toe a little bloody, thinking this was the end of the line for this beautiful roo. After all had calmed down, I looked at her toe, and only then did I notice the color. Bright dark pink. We had her go back in, this time with her toes covered by some old water shoes, Goldie was sweet and gentle again. Note to the other ladies out there, or for future guest to the house. I am guessing the same result will come of fingernails.

·
Country Gurl
62 Posts
Anything close to the cor red chickens go crazy over it. I'll hang apples in the summer for fun also purle veggies.

Something to consider when chickens molt and feathers ar coming back in, watch closely for pecking issues at feather base because the shafts are exsposed and are sometimes red. Keep a cover coat at hand such as blue kote.

VIVI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts