Chicken Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brushy Creek Home
11 Posts
Nice! I've always been intrigued by Dorkings. My dad had one in the past. This rooster liked to roam around on the ground in the dark, while the rest were on the roost.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am looking forward to getting my Red Dorking chicks frim Dick Horstman around mid April.
There is a gal in florida with a nice line of Red Dorkings....she actually has several varieties of Dorkings but I'm sure Dick Horstman has some really nice ones!!!:)

**** luck with them and post a few pics when they arrive!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

I have been looking for information on Dick Horstmans Red Dorkings. So far this is what I have found. Dick Horstman got his Red Dorking stock from Superior Farm. Superior got their stock from Gene Patterson. I talked to Gene Pattetson and he told me he was a breeder of the Dorkings for over 30 years and during that time he got his stock from Craig Russell, Jeannie Peters, Leonard Offutt and several others. If anyone has more information on this please post it.

Thank You dorking74

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a email from Dick Horstman letting me know that he was shooting for the week of the 15th of April. I am very much looking forward to getting the Red Dorking chicks from Dick Horstman.

dorkingposter150.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a video of my Red Dorking breeding pen. I plan in the next couple of years to build 4 more like this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Red Dorking chicks from Dick Horstman should arrive sometime Thursday. I am really looking forward to getting these chicks from Mr Horstman.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My Red Dorking chicks from Dick Horstman should arrive sometime Thursday. I am really looking forward to getting these chicks from Mr Horstman.
Post pics when they arrive....the suspense is killing me!!! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am very disappointed to say that I will not be getting the Red Dorking from Dick Horstman. But I am very happy to be getting another one of his high quality breeds the Silver Penciled Rocks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am very disappointed to say that I will not be getting the Red Dorking from Dick Horstman. But I am very happy to be getting another one of his high quality breeds the Silver Penciled Rocks.
What happened???:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts