Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was having trouble with my facebook account this morning they had to re enter the site. You might go on now and try it again. I haven't done any shipping before as I am still a backyard Hatcher. I did wind up with 10 button quail eggs that I am trying to hatch now where are you located? I don't raise a lot of birds however I purchase high quality eggs from reputable breeders from all over the country for rare breeds of chickens to hatch locally in Central Florida. All of the breeders I import eggs from aer NPIP certified.
I do have some D'anvers hatchlings for sale on the June 22 or 29.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
I was having trouble with my facebook account this morning they had to re enter the site. You might go on now and try it again. I haven't done any shipping before as I am still a backyard Hatcher. I did wind up with 10 button quail eggs that I am trying to hatch now where are you located? I don't raise a lot of birds however I purchase high quality eggs from reputable breeders from all over the country for rare breeds of chickens to hatch locally in Central Florida. All of the breeders I import eggs from aer NPIP certified.
I do have some D'anvers hatchlings for sale on the June 22 or 29.
I live in indiana. That's why I ess wondering if you shipped. I would rather buy from a back yard breeder who breeds for quality rather than quantity like big hatcheries. And I have failed to find anyone local or even semi loval with D'anvers. My cousin had bought some from avwrll known hatchery that I wont name lol they claimed they had "show quality birds" his kids took them to the fair and were told there was nothing right about them. So they gave them to me. And I was not ready for chickens as I thought I was at the time and lost 2 of the 3 hens to predators. My 6 year old has not forgave me yet and refusses to until I find her another bob. ( that's what they had named well all 3 hens lol) I think it was to make it easier on their 2 yr old bc he couldn't tell them apart lol we have " mean bob" left lol she's not mean she's just not as easy going as the other 2 were. The kids can hold her. But they have to catch her first. Lol sorry about my looong story. I will look you up again. And please let me no if you do decide to ship in the future. I would rather not have them shipped but at this point I'm desperate lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will be my first ship. I know hatcheries required minimum orders so that the chicks will arrive alive after shipping. Generally they ship one day old chicks so that they don't have to have food or water to survive shipping. I will check the cost of each hatchling and come up with a very conservative price. If you are willing to be my first ship to client and understand the learning process I will try to ship them to you.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
You will be my first ship. I know hatcheries required minimum orders so that the chicks will arrive alive after shipping. Generally they ship one day old chicks so that they don't have to have food or water to survive shipping. I will check the cost of each hatchling and come up with a very conservative price. If you are willing to be my first ship to client and understand the learning process I will try to ship them to you.
That would be awesome!!!! Iv not had chicks mailed to me b4 so I am still learning as well. Please Let me no the total cost and your minimum. I no everyones is diffrent.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love your Bob story. My little girl called everything George for the longest. The dogs, her stuffed animals, the chickens, her toys.... It was fun. The chickens have gotten there own names now though. Thank goodness.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
I love your Bob story. My little girl called everything George for the longest. The dogs, her stuffed animals, the chickens, her toys.... It was fun. The chickens have gotten there own names now though. Thank goodness.
My girls gold fish is george lol her OEGB she calles honey. So its just the D'anvers for some reason lol she had a spoiled bob a sneaky bob and mean bob. And it was always I'm going to go play with my bobs. Lol kids are to funny!

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
They are beautiful! I showed "the boss". Lol she said she will think about it and I will let you no (since its 2:30 am here its technically tomorrow lol) so later today. Lol
Ok she has decided she wants some of these. Please let me no all the costs and your minimums. We are so excited! Thank you for doing this!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay let me do the work up for the pricing and look at some of the hatchery catalogso how they ship and talk to the post office I'll need to know the zip code to where we're going to ship them to you so I can get an exact price

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Okay let me do the work up for the pricing and look at some of the hatchery catalogso how they ship and talk to the post office I'll need to know the zip code to where we're going to ship them to you so I can get an exact price
I sent you a pm. I hope you got it! Please let me no if you didn't I will send it again. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it I haven't forgotten you I still have about a week to go before the guys hatch. I am working on getting my NPIP certificate so that I can ship.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
I was wanting to ask you is the 1st pic considered a mille fleur and the 2nd 1 a molted D'anver? I never realized until now how many diffrent colors their are. And some look so similar its difficult to tell them apart from pictures on the net.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts