Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a cheery chick nipple waterer. Can't teach an old dog new tricks? I can't get my chickens to even look at this waterer. I tried putting some yogurt on the nipples to entice them but didn't work. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about returning it.

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Do you have other water options?

If so they may not "Look" for the nipple waterer ...

Just a thought.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have always removed the other water sources. I will stay there a while and flick the nipple with my finger to let them hear the noise it makes and see water coming out. I have never had a bird not figure it out using this method. If one figures it out, I walk away. Chicken see, chicken do. Just from my personal experiences.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I have always removed the other water sources. I will stay there a while and flick the nipple with my finger to let them hear the noise it makes and see water coming out. I have never had a bird not figure it out using this method. If one figures it out, I walk away. Chicken see, chicken do. Just from my personal experiences.
Have you shot an email to the manufacturer to see how they suggest? Or go to their page on facebook and get customer suggestions. Then let us know!! You can be our expert! :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also place mine where they just have to reach up for it, just above where there beak is in its normal position when they are looking up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts