Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i turned the incubator ans the rotator on and 4 eggs are in....the question is how do i know how hot it is? And its pretty warm in the bator so? Also maybe hatching a few more eggs

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Really? Great new invention called a thermometer. Lol. You should try it. Amazing how well they work. <<eye roll>>

But seriously, there are reptile thermometers that are digital that will give you temp and humidity.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
You should have ran your incubator 24 hours BEFORE putting eggs in. You need a thermometer and hygrometer so you know its at 99.5 degress and the correct humidity. Otherwise you are wasting 21 days of electricity for nothing. The whole turning it on for 24 hours is to get it warmed up and adjusted to the proper temp. Incubators do not just set themselves to 99.5 degrees.
Good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? Great new invention called a thermometer. Lol. You should try it. Amazing how well they work. <<eye roll>>

But seriously, there are reptile thermometers that are digital that will give you temp and humidity.

Good luck!
Yes i know thermometer but i cant find one and home alone so?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have ran your incubator 24 hours BEFORE putting eggs in. You need a thermometer and hygrometer so you know its at 99.5 degress and the correct humidity. Otherwise you are wasting 21 days of electricity for nothing. The whole turning it on for 24 hours is to get it warmed up and adjusted to the proper temp. Incubators do not just set themselves to 99.5 degrees.
Good luck!
Plus its kinda just a run with the bator not even sure if eggs are fertile

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
This is the one I use but it's not in an incubator. I use it in rooms. I know they work in reptile aquariums.

I was just kidding with you. Just joking around. No meanness or offense intended. Hope your feeling better and back on your feet really soon.

Oh and can you purchase on the Internet? Could ship right to your home, no?

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the one I use but it's not in an incubator. I use it in rooms. I know they work in reptile aquariums.

I was just kidding with you. Just joking around. No meanness or offense intended. Hope your feeling better and back on your feet really soon.

Oh and can you purchase on the Internet? Could ship right to your home, no?
I figured lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts