Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you possibly think a rat could harm my 5 and 6 week old chicks?
Because I have one that comes in and eats their food. Just want to
be safe.. Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, it will go after the chicks. You need to keep the rat out or bait it so it dies. There is bait and bait stations that can be used around chickens.
Ok, thanks! My chicks are a bit bigger than the rat though. One of my chicks went up to it and it didn't even look over.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
Still, if you’ve actually spotted one, there are others you definitely have not seen, and even if the chicks are bigger they can still be bitten.
I would do away with those nasty wild rodents as soon as possible for the health and safety of your chicks in general. Good luck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still, if you’ve actually spotted one, there are others you definitely have not seen, and even if the chicks are bigger they can still be bitten.
I would do away with those nasty wild rodents as soon as possible for the health and safety of your chicks in general. Good luck!
How do I get them away.? :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I would get rid of the rat just in case, I would get a small trap and use any sort of old food in your pantry as bait, them once you have it contained you can either kill it, or if you’re a real animal person, re-home it to a nearby park or field

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I would get rid of the rat just in case, I would get a small trap and use any sort of old food in your pantry as bait, them once you have it contained you can either kill it, or if you’re a real animal person, re-home it to a nearby park or field
Ok, LUCKILY I haven't seen the rat ever comeback..😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts