Chicken Forum banner
261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
The countdown begins today. I'll mark the calendar for when I should begin to collect but will depend on you to remind me.

I've got stuff coming at me from 14 different directions.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,233 Posts
The countdown begins today. I'll mark the calendar for when I should begin to collect but will depend on you to remind me.

What countdown?

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
I'm sending some quail eggs to @danathome in the near future.

He wants some Tuxedos but mine have been in with Pharaohs so I need to make sure they are pure Tuxedo so I'm tossing eggs for a month before collecting his.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

I will mark the 1st day of collection on the calendar and remind you when the time comes; Oct. 29th. I kept a pair from my first five; pretty obvious they're not going to brood. I also have three of their chicks that were hatched and raised by the serama. I wish to find out if that makes a difference. The one cortunix hen I had brood had been raised by a serama hen.

·
Administrator
22,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
@danathome I've been watching the quail. There isn't any breeding going on with the Tuxedos. I don't know what's up with that because the Pharaohs haven't slowed down. And egg laying has greatly reduced.

261 - 274 of 274 Posts