Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
MommaHen
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time chicken hobbyist. My niece's second grade class hatched eggs before spring break. I was given 4 identical chicks. Their names are Natalie, Bertha, Rosie, and Bella. I am curious if anyone might be able to help figure out the sex and type of chickens these are? Any help is appreciated! I know they hatched from brown eggs, so they probably aren't white leghorns... One of them does have a black dot on its back feathers. They are approx 2 weeks old in this photo. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am a first time chicken hobbyist. My niece's second grade class hatched eggs before spring break. I was given 4 identical chicks. I am curious if anyone might be able to help figure out the sex and type of chickens these are? Any help is appreciated! I know they hatched from brown eggs, so they probably aren't white leghorns... One of them does have a black dot on its back feathers. They are approx 2 weeks old in this photo. Thanks!!!
Maybe cochins

·
MommaHen
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far all four have identical combs and tail feathers. When should i expect to see more development to determine sex?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts