Putting chickens to bed

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by Pinkter, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

Does anyone else tell their chickens I love you when you put them to bed or am I ready for the psych ward?

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I will............

3. tigereyesblue76

tigereyesblue76 Member

I do, and I also thank them everyday for their eggs..

4. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

I do too! I can see them from the dining table and we always thank them.

5. adorson

adorson Member

I also hug and kiss mine. My Favorelle boys love to be hugged but others look at me like I am nuts! LOL

6. tigereyesblue76

tigereyesblue76 Member

My next door neighbours must think I'm mad.. I say hello and talk to them every time iI go out the back.. Nothing better than watching a happy chook scratch around your garden... Makes me all fuzzy inside LOL.

7. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

I got a plastic lawn chair specifically for the chicken coop. Even though I live out in the country, the neighbors are close enough that they could see me sitting out there, just watching my chickens. *I* wonder what THEY wonder about what I am doing..... :D

8. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

I feel sane again!! I sit in my coop too. Feed them dry mealworms, drink wine, relax, laugh at how cute they are. What a different culture they are.

9. MommyWoes

MommyWoes New Member

I greet my chickens daily...yak yak yak, and yes I do sit in my coop and just hang out. I usually end up with one or two sitting in my lap.

ForumRunner_20120922_202602.png

10. Matunda

Matunda New Member

I talk to my girls all the time and they have learned to accept my hugs. I could also just sit and watch them for hours, but don't get that kind of time. Today I was visiting with a neighbors chickens two houses over and the neighbor whom I hadn't met before came out. Thankfully my 6 year old step son was with me so I think that made me seam a tad less crazy.

11. lblum

lblum ChickieLinds

I love my girls and talk to them too. They are just the sweetest animal.

12. chrelsey

chrelsey New Member

My hubbie and I have two chairs and a little table out by our coop and can spend hours out there enjoying our chickens. We always say that we're watching the "Chicken Channel!"

13. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Its 9 p.m. where I am right now and just came in from giving all 7 their bedtime pet, quick hug, little chat, and a kiss here and there too. :eek: Do the same every morning too whether they all like it or not! :p Sometimes though, the coop is the only place of peace & quiet I can find for studying. Haul my folding lawn chair out there and books in tow. Tillie tends to block my book though. Jumps up on my lap and sits on top of it. Brat. ;) At least Sweetpea used to just sit on my shoulder so I could still read. :D NOBODY TOLD ME WHEN I GOT CHICKENS THAT THEY WOULD TAKE OVER MY SANITY & LIFE!!! :)

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Guess they need Mom time too.

15. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

This girl would have been a house chicken if I could have gotten away with it! She was something else. They all expected me every night to say goodnight and help some of the bigger ones on the roosts, and expected me every morning to tell them good morning, and feed them. Rotten brats. I wish I had it so good!

[​IMG]