Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 mos old wyandottes have been laying machines since Nov:confused: up until 2 days ago without added light.. no eggs for two days but the days are getting longer and we have had a bit of a warm spell this past week (30 degrees).. any ideas??:confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
7 mos old wyandottes have been laying machines since Nov:confused: up until 2 days ago without added light.. no eggs for two days but the days are getting longer and we have had a bit of a warm spell this past week (30 degrees).. any ideas??:confused:
Any signs of illness??? Are they eating and drinking properly???
What are you feeding them??? Did you change their feed recently???

As someone else mentioned did you have an egg hunt yet??? :)

Might just need a vitamin/mineral and protein boost.....try a soluable vitamin/mineral supplement in their drinking water. If you are feeding the same 16-17% layer feed consider adding some "floating fish pellets" (buy it at the same place you get chicken feed typically) which is higher protein fish meal. My feed mill and local TSC sell it in 20 pound bags and you just need a little to give them a boost in protein....add a scoop per 35# feeder (or less). Most of the chicken feeds we buy today have gone "vegan"....they don't contain animal protein and chickens really benefit from the meat or fish meal protein in their diets.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
It may help to know where you are at ... in a round about speaking ...

A lot of different things can come into play ...

·
1,466 Posts
It may help to know where you are at ... in a round about speaking ...

A lot of different things can come into play ...
correct what works well in new hampshire may not work at all in florida
we try to keep the flock warm here in the south they worry about keeping them cool.

piglett

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Maine. They have started back up laying this week. The snow and cloudy days seemed to have passed for now and the brighter light seems to be making them happier.They are coming out of their coop exploring all the paths that ;)I laid hay on for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts