• Pullet

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Sure does look like a hen, but at 10 weeks of age with that comb and wattles-I think cockerel. A possible example of what I was telling the group not too long ago. For a short time some breed cockerels look like older hens and the unscrupulous use this to their advantage and sell their cockerels as hens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure does look like a hen, but at 10 weeks of age with that comb and wattles-I think cockerel. A possible example of what I was telling the group not too long ago. For a short time some breed cockerels look like older hens and the unscrupulous use this to their advantage and sell their cockerels as hens.
Thanks! I know time will tell and I’m being a bit impatient. We bought 6 hens of all different breeds but this one just doesn’t quite look like the others.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
I'm saying pullet, Nothing I'm seeing screams cockerel.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Never mind….I didn’t notice your post about buying different kinds.

This video of 10 week olds shows a dramatic difference in the combs and waddles….
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Organism Beak

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Cockerel.

Um, other than the huge, developed, cockerel screaming, comb and wattles? ;)
The wattles are small, and pink, I'm not seeing any saddle feathers and the face looks like a pullet. But you can say what you want and I can say what I want and I still think pullet!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wattles are small, and pink, I'm not seeing any saddle feathers and the face looks like a pullet. But you can say what you want and I can say what I want and I still think pullet!:)
Here’s another picture from 2 weeks ago at 8 weeks old.
Here’s another pic at only 8 weeks old.
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Plant Comb

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
But only 1 way to find out is to listen for a crow or eggs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts