proud new owner

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by AmyandAlan, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AmyandAlan

AmyandAlan New Member

Hello ladies and gents

After lots of research and visits to local farms we have today purchased our first two chickens. We have a wooden run with closed off compartment for the chickens to lay eggs and keep warm at night. We have got a red star that is 19 weeks old and a black star about 20 weeks old.

After setting up the new home we decided to put the chickens in their run and go and get some extra sliding bolts to make sure it is secure. When we got home we found that one of the chickens had gone straight to the egg box and left us a nice small brown egg.

no to go and read through the forum for helpful tips and advise

Attached Files:

2. annlouise

annlouise New Member

what a lovely little present to come home to!! have fun reading through the forum there is tons of great advice and great people to answer your questions x

3. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

Wow - your Black Star is gorgeous! Well, they both are but I'm particularly interested in the Black Star since I have one now also. Mine is only about 3 1/2 weeks old but I hope she turns out half as pretty as yours! :D

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Good for you! You are certainly on your way. This is a great bunch of folks from everywhere.

5. rob

rob New Member

nice little setup you got there, and very nice chickens, and an egg already, im still waiting for my first.

6. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Wow! That is a very pretty coop!! Great girls too.

7. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Great set up and lovely hens .:)

8. AmyandAlan

AmyandAlan New Member

Thanks guys. We just love our chickens. Got up extra early to check on them this morning lol. Looking forward to more eggs