Chicken Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 21 girls and a duck and much to my surprise they've laid all winter (knock on wood).
Though they've slowed down, I'm still getting 5-15 eggs a day.
I'm so proud of my girls!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Way to go ladies!!! :D I have a broody Ameraucana right now. She's been like this for over 2 weeks! While I was gone to clinic overnight Thurs. & Fri., hubby never took the eggs out of the nests. Josie was in her glory sitting on 7 dud eggs. I have no roo. Sure hope she gets out of this stage soon! Poor girl. Momma's not giving her any fertile eggs either! I don't have time for chicks right now.

·
441 Posts
Congrats!
Is this their first winter? I've noticed that first year pullets don't slow down much on their laying come wintertime (and my first year ducks haven't slowed down one little bit). The winter slow down always seems to come in their second year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bird_slave said:
Congrats!
Is this their first winter? I've noticed that first year pullets don't slow down much on their laying come wintertime (and my first year ducks haven't slowed down one little bit). The winter slow down always seems to come in their second year.
Yes, this is their first winter. And it's not as mild as last year but it's not been horrible one. My duck had slowed a little. There's been a couple days where she didn't lay.
All in all, I'm proud of my girls!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts