Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Princess, one of the Fossil Ledges juvenile peahens. She was hatched last May.

Princess.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She must have the personality that fits her name. Lovely pic.
Melissa named her, Melissa names everything and it makes it difficult to re-home birds. This peahen has the sweetest personality. Melissa wanted to know when she would start laying. I said not for quite a while. All of the peafowl here are so tame, they just follow you around the farm and get themselves in trouble.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
I hope it's good trouble because that's part of the reason they're in our lives.

Were you planning on rehoming her or is she going to part of your breeding program?

BTW, I'm really partial to all white birds.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it's good trouble because that's part of the reason they're in our lives.

Were you planning on rehoming her or is she going to part of your breeding program?

BTW, I'm really partial to all white birds.
They are so tame, they are always in the way when I'm trying to do other farm work. Princess will stay here, she has a name. It will be a while before she is of breeding age but it doesn't stop the others from displaying for her all the time.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned her again. I was wondering the other night how you get an all white peacock. Are there males that are all white?

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
Neither have I, that's why I wondered how you can have an all white hen.

Guess I need to do some googling to see if I can get sort of an idea.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
What stunning pics. It answers more than just my initial question. Besides wondering about all white males, I also wondered what it would look like when they displayed?

·
Registered
733 Posts
What can I say, I’m a visual learner. They really are so beautiful. I can also see how those white tails could get pretty unprettied in the wrong environment! Beautiful though, m and f both!

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What can I say, I’m a visual learner. They really are so beautiful. I can also see how those white tails could get pretty unprettied in the wrong environment! Beautiful though, m and f both!
I heard that in Los Angeles a wedding designer has peacocks you can rent for weddings and they display on command.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts