Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pygmy goat is pregnant and I'm not sure when she is due. She was already bred when I got her. But I've had her 4 months. Her udder doubled in size since yesterday and her ligaments are gone. With my other goats they had a mucus discharge for the few weeks prior to kidding but this one has had none at all and still doesn't . Just wondering if she could possibly lose mucus plug just before kidding or is something wrong?

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I would say you are right. This being her first pregnancy it may be a little different and initially dryer. If her udder is filling up I would take her body temp. When it drops, that means she is ready to go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Energyvet said:
I would say you are right. This being her first pregnancy it may be a little different and initially dryer. If her udder is filling up I would take her body temp. When it drops, that means she is ready to go.
She had twins the next morning at 7 . A boy and a girl .they are 2 days old :)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barnbum374 said:
Too cute! We're hoping to get some milk goats next year. :)
I have pygmys and Nigerians. They are so much fun and have lots of personality. I have had just about every kind of animal but when I got my first goat I knew they were for me. I started out with one bottle baby and now I have over 30. They are very addictive:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JC17 said:
I'm looking to get a couple of fainters :D
I had one and traded it for my first pygmy.i actually found her walking down the side of the road in the middle of no where. There weren't any houses for miles so I picked her up and took her home. I have been thinking about getting a couple more but I can't find anyone close to me that has any.

·
977 Posts
What cute twins!!!! Congrats! I have a goat too. His name is Tego and he thinks he is a dog. Loves people and wants to be with us 24/7!
This winter was our first with him and we had to keep him on the back porch because he whined if he was too far away! He walks on a leash too!

image-4238163019.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kaufranc said:
What cute twins!!!! Congrats! I have a goat too. His name is Tego and he thinks he is a dog. Loves people and wants to be with us 24/7!
This winter was our first with him and we had to keep him on the back porch because he whined if he was too far away! He walks on a leash too!
He cute:) what kind is he?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kaufranc said:
How did you train him to walk on a leash?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts