Poultry Judge

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin416, Nov 16, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Hurricanes and finding out power was out here for two weeks is the reason for the generator. I have two generators because I foolishly bought a good one off the net but it was inop when it got here. Doing all the warranty stuff from afar too so long I had a need for another generator. Now, I've got two. I went through Opal in the mountains, Katrina in TN without a generator. I'm done doing that now.

My other pressure washer was old, really old. I bought it used before we moved here. I went to start it this year and it said, nope. I'm tired, I'm not starting.

2. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

Wait, that's how I feel this morning, I'm tired, I'm not starting!

Slippy likes this.

3. robin416

I haven't been in long. I was out using the leaf blower again to drive all of the leaves away from the house and drive before the morning winds came up. I still need to do the front. I might need a nap first.

4. Poultry Judge

Wait, you clean up the leaves at your house? I wish I could clean mine up with a hay rake or something!

5. robin416

The stuff I can't get with the mower I use the leaf blower on. It's one of those things that does have to be done whether I want to or not.

Poultry Judge likes this.
  6. Poultry Judge

Doesn't have to get done...

7. Poultry Judge

I've never won an award for curb appeal. What gets mulched by the mower gets mulched and what doesn't doesn't.

8. robin416

I'm on a slab. If I don't keep the piles of leaves away from the foundation it's a great hiding place for bugs that then get into the house. And when leaves are wet slicker than snot on smooth surfaces. I do the mulching too, my preferred way to deal with the leaves.

I have massive Oaks all around the house so you can imagine the leaves are thick on the ground.

9. Poultry Judge

No worries, Guineas will eat all the bugs!

10. robin416

I wish that were true. Then it wouldn't be an issue.

11. Poultry Judge

All my birds love scratching through the leaves for that one bug, somebody else missed.

12. robin416

Well, if they focused at the base of the house that might work.

13. Poultry Judge

I'll send my turkeys to help you. For all I know, they might be at your place now. They were out twice again today, they seek out the cat dishes no matter where I put them. And they are obsessive-compulsive about checking them. Not a single peafowl has ever been out.

14. robin416

No cat dishes out here for them to come scope out.

15. Slippy

Slippy Active Member

You might want to look into putting in a Transfer Switch that will allow you to use your Generator and existing Electrical Panel for your house or barn. You can then use just one heavy gauge cord from genny to Transfer Switch and choose which things you want to power in your home.
    Eliminates all the extension cords and clutter.
    Keep in mind that some items like Toaster Ovens, Hair Dryers, use lots of Watts and trip your generator. But refrigerators, freezers, modems, LED lights, fans etc are easy to run with genny's.

Best of luck and enjoy the snow!

16. robin416

That's how mine is set up. Of course we haven't had any extended power outages since installing the bypass.

Slippy likes this.
  17. Poultry Judge

I'll send my turkeys to help you. For all I know, they might be at your place now. They were out twice again today, they seek out the cat dishes no matter where I put them. And they are obsessive-compulsive about checking them. Not a single peafowl has ever been out.
    Yes, a transfer switch is next, along with a bigger generator, mine is only 5000 watts.

Slippy likes this.
  18. Slippy

Slippy Active Member

Some say its not the size of the watts, its where you choose to send the pulse...

(Seriously, I have no idea what that means...o_O)

19. robin416

That makes at least two of us.

Slippy likes this.
  20. Poultry Judge