Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and one of the toes bent in other direction 1/2 way up toe. Has been getting worse and I don't know what to do about it. She still eats well and drinks, but is in a bit of pain when walking. Help. Thanks.

·
Administrator
23,486 Posts
:) You're one of the very few who doesn't use one like a carry round camera.

Do you have some kid around that could take the pics and get them posted to the forum? It really is simple but can be intimidating when first getting started. I'm far far away from being a kid and learned quickly how to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not that. Its just finishing autumn and its still quite warm. She has a special place to sleep, in the laundry, as the other polish hen is a bully. She is in the cage outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, I had a look at my hens feet again and it does look like scaly leg mites. I see that nail that was facing the other way has dropped off. I washed her feet in Dettol and water, then put Vaseline all over both feet and legs. Started that on Sunday, and will do it till this weekend and see how she is.

·
Administrator
23,486 Posts
I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you were going to get a photo up.

Check your other birds too. When one has them another might.

It's amazing the damage those mites can do to the feet. And we can't even see them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts