Chicken Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a dumb thing yesterday, and now my poor little bitty has a pecked open wound on her back. :( I went to the feed store and bought 3 Buffs. I put them in the brooder with the other 6 older chicks and they pecked an open wound on the back of one of them. I took the bitties out this morning and put them in a box of their own, until they are older. :confused: My questions is, what can I put on the wound to help it heal? :confused: Can I put triple antibiotic ointment on it? I feel really bad about this, cause knew better, but I was just thinking they would all get along. So sorry to have to ask y'all for 'this' kind of help. Please, you can let me have it if you want. :(

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Antibotic ointment is fine. There is also a product all Blu-kote that will color and seal the wound so the other won't pick at it. Chickens for some reason see the color red and peck peck peck. I would just keep them seperated for a while, and slowly introduce them to each other so the older once have a chance to get use to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply.

Ok, Blu kote. I'll look for that in the feed store. Yeah, I'll separate her from the rest, until she heals. Thank you Apryl for your quick reply.

cleanheart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts