Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new hens that just started laying. Most of my eggs are tiny. This is a medium egg. Looks pinkish brown.. Which hen do you think laid this egg??
I have these possible prospects...Colombian rock, amber link, dark and buff brahmas, golden and silver Wyandotte other than the marans and americanas and white layers)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Any partridge rocks?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Rocks will lay pink eggs regardless of their feather coloring. We have partridge and barred here that lay pink ones, I'd assume Columbians would too! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm weird! My barred rock lays a brown egg... That's why I didn't mention her she's 2 yr old and I can tell which egg is here assuming the egg color dosent change. I did get her egg with the pinkish one. Prob the Colombian! Cool

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can always tell which one my rocks lay... they're just so pretty! I didn't get them for that reason but I was pleased as punch to learn this when they did start laying. :) I posted this photo on another thread earlier today... A pink rock egg (left) next two two eggs either laid by Orpington or Brahmas...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly what it looked like! Same shape and everything!! Thankyou! My flock consists of 14 birds all diff breeds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts