Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black jersey giant is laying pink eggs! They're so pretty too! When you open a carton of eggs and see different shades of brown, tan, white, blue, green and now PINK!!! I love my birds. lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol wow, y'all are a tough crowd! ;-)

Ok, so got some pics this morning. It doesn't look as pink in them though :-( But you can definitely tell a difference between it and the browns.

Also, what's with the speckled eggs??? Last night I found the white speckled one and the other egg has what appears as purple speckles!! When I washed them off (they were laid on the floor eek!) the speckles disappear but as it dries they come back.
Anyway, I thought they were pretty and that y'all might wanna see :-D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Well its about time you posted us a pic! ;) My barred rock's eggs have the speckled tan eggs. I have some that I kept to blow the yolk out of and keep in a basket because they were so pretty. Good job to the girls! :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7chicks said:
Well its about time you posted us a pic! ;) My barred rock's eggs have the speckled tan eggs. I have some that I kept to blow the yolk out of and keep in a basket because they were so pretty. Good job to the girls! :D
Well...with all the threatening taking place I couldn't get not a wink of sleep!! lol ;-)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lady_Alia said:
I noticed your name...what kind of fish do you keep?
I keep all kinds i have
4-55 gallon tanks
A 30 gal and 3 10 gall
And a 650 gallon catfish pond

Any thing from tropical fish also have exotic freshwater fish mainly catfish

·
57 Posts
Not to bust any bubbles, but the pink eggs you have probably only have an excessive amount of bloom on them which changes the appearance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mstricer said:
Not to bust any bubbles, but the pink eggs you have probably only have an excessive amount of bloom on them which changes the appearance.
Nope, cuz the color stays the same after a good scrubbing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts