Pics

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by cogburn, Oct 11, 2012.

1. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Silver and Gold laced Wyandottes, Penny and Susie.

Attached Files:

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

4. oakwood

oakwood New Member

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Thank ya Oakwood !

6. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Silver and Gold, very nice. How many chickens do you have total?

7. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Thanks BB !! I have around 60, after the last hatch it was 77, there's a pair of chicken hawks that have been depleting my stock for the past month or so.. I keep my 22 pullets in at all times, either coop or in fly pen, the big hens (13) free range, and lock up in big coop w pullets at night, 12-15 game chickens free range and roost in big cedar tree, and 10-12 Bantys..

8. cogburn

cogburn New Member

More pics.....

Attached Files:

9. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

10. Keith

Keith New Member

Great pics! How many in your flock currently?

11. cogburn

cogburn New Member

60+ close to 65 maybe. More pics from just now.. I like to show em all even moltin old hens.. Lol

Attached Files:

12. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Old dog kennels I got for free, and all wood and tin was scraps I had left over from other hen house and have picked up here and there, spent money on screws, tie wire & chicken wire for fly pen.(fiberglass electric fence posts, and I sewed the chicken wire together with tie wire, it's really strong and lightweight, but no one stays overnight, just strictly to get them on grass every other day, or when I have dr spots and am gone all day, I just adding a 15x35 fly pen, plus the 20x12 too.. Just have to add top, hawks and owls bad here... Everyone is locked up at night, mild winters here, I'll stretch a blue cheap tarp on north side come thanksgiving, for north wind. I'm disabled and do the best I can with what I've got, the King of recycling, up cycling, repurposing.. Whatever ya call it..

Attached Files:

13. Keith

Keith New Member

Do you sell the eggs weekly?

14. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Yes sir.. I sell 6-10 dozen per week...
    Pic was
    Was showin someone this bottle, stuff works !! I'm not associated, just used it for a long time. All natural.. -at your feed store, helps them breathe when have respiratory illness.

VetRx try it.

Cogburn

Attached Files:

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I'll have 22 more (hopefully they make it til spring) pullets will be ready come spring.. I'm in the middle of nowhere.. Old county road bridge washed out in 70s and I'm the only one on the road. Booger bottoms.. Got a pic of a black panther I took last year wanna see it. It was 200-250 yards from my house.. Big cat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  16. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Big cat.. And there's the tan cougars, mountain lion, puma..whatever ya call em. here too. Seen them all the time, first black one I saw.. But old men tell stories, you should hear em at night they scream like a grown woman.. Spooky.!
    ..... And eggs.. Sold today.. Just now. Lol

Attached Files:

17. cogburn

cogburn New Member

18. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Now that's a bad kitty!!!

Wow, great photos. I'm so stealing the tree roosts in the chicken run idea! That's a great idea!

:)

............love those fluffy feet!

19. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Thank you Roslyn.. I wish I could see the cat again..