Chicken Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Tail conformation-I sold off most of my phoenix because of this. I have just 8 left and that's two too many. My beautiful white pullets with the long tails are getting close to laying age and I want to be sure the two reject cockerels are sold or locked away from the hens/pullets. I have just 6 that have nice tails held correctly for phoenix; three males and three females.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
To fix oops, Dan, click on the three dots in the upper right of your post. I think you can delete entirely. Unfortunately, I see more than you can so I don't know for sure what you can or can't do.

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Definitely keep the white females. I already regret selling my colorful red and I sold two silver with decent tail conformation also. I will see if Melissa will get some pics. It's supposed to be warmer starting this week.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
To fix oops, Dan, click on the three dots in the upper right of your post. I think you can delete entirely. Unfortunately, I see more than you can so I don't know for sure what you can or can't do.
I did not see the oops.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Definitely keep the white females. I already regret selling my colorful red and I sold two silver with decent tail conformation also. I will see if Melissa will get some pics. It's supposed to be warmer starting this week.
Yes, it hurt to sell so many, but it will make what I have better in the long run. I will be watching for the pictures. Do you have any hens like mine with as long of tail??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well I’m just gonna chime in and say that YES Dans Phoenix are stunning! I was lucky enough to get to meet a couple of the full grown, and they’re simply beautiful. I know you see the parts you’d like to adjust, but they really are stunning.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I've never gotten to see one in person. I've always liked the pics. You'd think someone would be showing them or having them for sale at swaps.
I've never gotten to see one in person. I've always liked the pics. You'd think someone would be showing them or having them for sale at swaps.
I think it's because people think they are hard to raise. Their tails are hard to maintain so they keep looking nice.

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Laid her first egg today! She is much nicer looking now. It's a spectacle to see these long tail white birds gliding across the green grass. It always reminds me of a garden wedding.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
I didn't realize the females also have the long tails. I can see a pair doing just that.

Talk about a lawn ornament!

·
Serama King
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn't realize the females also have the long tails. I can see a pair doing just that.

Talk about a lawn ornament!
No offense Robin-your memory is as lacking as mine. I've shown you pictures of my two long tail girls before. You had asked if I were sure they were pullets. Long tails on hens is not the norm and that's why I am so excited about these eggs and the chicks that hatch from them. I'd asked PJ about his phoenix and their tail length but so far he has not replied. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of his birds. Is PJ a he?

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
Yes, PJ is a he.

Don't blame me. There is so much to try and keep track with you and your birds. Bird hatching, birds coming in, birds going out. It's constant.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well, I think they’re beautiful too. We all know this. I can’t wait to see how long my girls end up- I’m fine with whatever they grow, they’re pretty already, but if they decide to keep growing I won’t be heartbroken either! Love how you described them too.

·
Administrator
18,194 Posts
Well, I think they’re beautiful too. We all know this. I can’t wait to see how long my girls end up- I’m fine with whatever they grow, they’re pretty already, but if they decide to keep growing I won’t be heartbroken either! Love how you described them too.
It's probably a darned good thing you don't live within a minutes drive from each other. This could get really bad.

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
No offense Robin-your memory is as lacking as mine. I've shown you pictures of my two long tail girls before. You had asked if I were sure they were pullets. Long tails on hens is not the norm and that's why I am so excited about these eggs and the chicks that hatch from them. I'd asked PJ about his phoenix and their tail length but so far he has not replied. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of his birds. Is PJ a he?
I'm sorry Dan, I got busy, my really nice Gold Phoenix sold as well as the better quality Silvers last week. Folks are trying to get some poultry shows going again this Spring and I got stuck advising in the local 4H Poultry program. I'm not good with pictures, I will ask the farm manager to try to get some.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts