Chicken Forum banner
821 - 840 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #821 ·
They are nice little girls, but I'll wait to see how they develop; so far, so good. I have them on an ad to sell, so I'll remove them on the sell list.

There's a few from the WV eggs that look real good too.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
We did? I don't remember. Sort of goes with what 444 said about selective memory.
Yes, it has been a while. Odd how some things I remember and other things are a blank. I suppose it has to do with the day and health issues.

How are you today?

·
Administrator
21,760 Posts
Killing time. I need to water the fig tree, it's living outside with my poinsettia that I've had for years.

The Dish Network guy is here putting the new system.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 ·
I finished the new goat pen, restapled the poultry yard fence, moved bigger chicks out of the house to make room for the newly hatched, and now I'm killing time typing this and watching youtube videos with my beautiful Kimmi.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,580 Posts
I finished the new goat pen, restapled the poultry yard fence, moved bigger chicks out of the house to make room for the newly hatched, and now I'm killing time typing this and watching youtube videos with my beautiful Kimmi.
That's good you got the goat pen put up. Sounds like me, typing on the chicken forum and watching Youtube videos..

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
I am glad to have a bigger pen for the goats. The pen they had shrunk as they grew. Now they have room to run and play again. One of my serama buyers was sounding me out about if I wanted some pigmy goats; tempting.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,580 Posts
I am glad to have a bigger pen for the goats. The pen they had shrunk as they grew. Now they have room to run and play again. One of my serama buyers was sounding me out about if I wanted some pigmy goats; tempting.
That's good! Getting more goats? Can't help yourself I guess. We all get like that sometimes so tempting to get more..

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·
That's good! Getting more goats? Can't help yourself I guess. We all get like that sometimes so tempting to get more..
I really enjoy the little buggers, even though they get into mischief every chance they get. Getting another is tempting, especially in that it's a pygmy goat. We'll see. The lady said she would send pictures, but so far, she hasn't. How are your birds doing?

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,580 Posts
I really enjoy the little buggers, even though they get into mischief every chance they get. Getting another is tempting, especially in that it's a pygmy goat. We'll see. The lady said she would send pictures, but so far, she hasn't. How are your birds doing?
Oh yes so mischievous, I used to have 2 pygmy goats the 1 refused to stay in his pen so he would would go to the end of the pen and then run as fast as he could and then put all 4 legs up in the air and bang up against the wood wall I put up. Eventually he would have to stop since his nose would bleed. My chickens are doing pretty okay! How about yours?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 ·
Oh yes so mischievous, I used to have 2 pygmy goats the 1 refused to stay in his pen so he would would go to the end of the pen and then run as fast as he could and then put all 4 legs up in the air and bang up against the wood wall I put up. Eventually he would have to stop since his nose would bleed. My chickens are doing pretty okay! How about yours?
At first we tried to let the kids run free in the backyard, kid proofing as needed. That doesn't work as I could kid proof all day, every day and never get done. Now they have their own large pen with a kid playground.

Now that the weather is cooler the birds are doing a lot better. I've been finding fresh duck eggs just laid on the ground. I've no idea what kind-muscovy-mallard-call duck. It's out of season for mallard, but I know my mallard hens are not pure mallard.

These little guys hatched yesterday-it's spring!

Bird Vertebrate Mammal Beak Chicken

·
Banned
I have 3 chickens named chestnut, buttercup and sunfish!
1,541 Posts
At first we tried to let the kids run free in the backyard, kid proofing as needed. That doesn't work as I could kid proof all day, every day and never get done. Now they have their own large pen with a kid playground.

Now that the weather is cooler the birds are doing a lot better. I've been finding fresh duck eggs just laid on the ground. I've no idea what kind-muscovy-mallard-call duck. It's out of season for mallard, but I know my mallard hens are not pure mallard.

These little guys hatched yesterday-it's spring!

View attachment 42456
Aww can I have one

·
Banned
I have 3 chickens named chestnut, buttercup and sunfish!
1,541 Posts
Afraid not. These are to be my phoenix flock next spring. How's Buttercup?
Sobs I was just joking lOl

She’s okay she’s still just standing there and like walking slowly.. her comb turned tiny bit purple on the top again

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #839 ·
Sobs I was just joking lOl

She’s okay she’s still just standing there and like walking slowly.. her comb turned tiny bit purple on the top again
Yes, I know. You live far away. I'll keep my fingers crossed for luck that she pulls through.

821 - 840 of 871 Posts