Chicken Forum banner

761 - 780 of 785 Posts

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Very cool- ok yes Fraz is kind of a mess, but somehow that makes him that much more lovable. I always like the oddballs though. Don’t know why....

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
YUK! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Fraz is nasty. Different mother and different father so any relationship would be distant; cousin somewhere down the line. All of my hens are related to Fraz's great grandmother in someway. Only Snowball is totally unrelated.
I'm so glad you said that about Fraz. I chose just to ignore the latest pic of him. It was kinder.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
Knowing he's nasty from having two frizzle genes, I am going to use him as a breeder; or try too. He is very small and has a great background. I just hope the two frizzle genes have not made him sterile.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I'm so glad you said that about Fraz. I chose just to ignore the latest pic of him. It was kinder.
Somewhere in Japan is an old collector/breeder who would pay a lot of money for him.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Something so ugly? He has potential. When paired with a smooth feathered hen 100% of the chicks will be frizzle. I do hope all the good traits show up in his offspring.
Me too! That is a good trait to have as a breeding guy, I should think! If he’s turned out as personable as our little Chappie here then he’s a winner anyway.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #771 ·
Yay for Mille ds! You’ve been after that for a while!
Nope. Milles are common around here. It's the goldens I was hoping for. Now RR has 3 goldens and the hen that hatched last night has two more goldens so I am quite pleased; now hoping for a cockerel. So far, the chicks from the mille/golden cross are coming out either mille or golden; golden being more plentiful and none looking like a combination of the two-so far-yeah!

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
OOPS! I fostered the ds to Pablo and RR after they hatched. RR had just the two serama chicks hatch. The d chicks are from the loft and to make it a bit easier on myself I decided to give all the chicks to one hen. Pablo also broods chicks so there won't be a problem as the chicks get bigger. The cochin hen from the loft is now with Tick-tock in the goat pen.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Ack, banging head against wall. At least I'm sticking to two breed/species. I can keep them straight.

761 - 780 of 785 Posts