Chicken Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my peacock and peahen with my chickens.. any suggestions on what I could build for her nesting site.. I read somewhere u could use an old tire .. but I think that would be super ugly..

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
You could always decorate the old tire ;) I use tires as planters, but I paint them :) Or you could take the tire concept and build something with walls about as high as a tire with a center open for them to sit in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had peafowl for years, and I have found it doesn't really matter what you buy or build for them, they will always nest somewhere else..lol
Mine will build there nest where they feel the safest. It may not be the spot I would have picked, but they ddidn'task me... I tried the tire thing, boxes up high, they never cared for them. The seem to prefer on the roof of the coop or in tall grass.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are tryin in nest in the chicken coop.. I'm worried there might be an issue with the chickens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine never did mess with each other. The males on the other hand did not like roosters, and would kill them.
The chickens and peahens nested together with no problems. But is was rare. The peahens preferred the ground in tall grass or the roof of the coop.
They liked places they felt they were hard to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts