Chicken Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this weekend it's suppost to get In the 50s and I was wondering if I can let the 2-3 week old chicks can go out for a little bit and see the world? I am kind of new to this and I know this is kind of a stupid question but I need answers before I do something stupid and hurt the chicks

·
172 Posts
I'm going to cut and paste what I just said on another thread about this;

"Those cute little chicks that follow their mother into your yard after being out in the woods for a week or two didn't have constant heat 24/7 and they do just fine. Of course they have mom to run to when they get cold. A good heat lamp for them to sleep under and run to during the day is all they need. And you have to be their mother by making sure they get under it at night rather than lost in some corner. Outside on day one has always worked for me. This may not be such a good idea if you only have a couple of chicks. But we all have different situations"

So I would say "YES". They and you will love it! Only watch for signs they are getting cold like all huddling together after being out for awhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts