Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Put some fat on your body. That would add insulation.

OM, aren't you in a part of the mountains that you can put a fan in the window and chill the whole house off?

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I was thinking the other day that Barbie (trademark by Mattel), has been curiously absent from the forum for quite some time, what has Barbie been up to in 2021? Then I found this picture, (allegedly taken at Robin's house), that includes Barbie with a Peacock. I believe it is from the "Barbie, Birds of Beauty Collection". As usual, I'm not sure about the Robin connection, (again allegedly), but I saw it on the interwebs and that means it must be true!

Barbie Peacock.jpg

Reactions: Animals45

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was thinking the other day that Barbie (trademark by Mattel), has been curiously absent from the forum for quite some time, what has Barbie been up to in 2021? Then I found this picture, (allegedly taken at Robin's house), that includes Barbie with a Peacock. I believe it is from the "Barbie, Birds of Beauty Collection". As usual, I'm not sure about the Robin connection, (again allegedly), but I saw it on the interwebs and that means it must be true!

View attachment 40847
Wow, never seen a Barbie like that before...

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Put some fat on your body. That would add insulation.

OM, aren't you in a part of the mountains that you can put a fan in the window and chill the whole house off?
Unfortunately we are in the right area for that, if our house was elevated just a bit more we likely would catch enough of a breeze. Unfortunately we are in a bit of a bowl, or on the side of a bowl anyway, so unless there is a genuine breeze- not really. It hasn’t been getting very cool at night, and our dark brick house doesn’t like to cool very quickly. Plus the way it is set up just doesn’t flow well. It’s a mess! I try though. One window unit runs all the time now, I sleep in the living room with it, and the windows and doors are open- I don’t love that for security reasons so I’m just fine staying on the couch. So close to interstate and exit, and a truck stop, AND a park n ride spot, we should probably see more bums than we do- but they do pass through, and if there’s enough for us to count them there are likely plenty we don’t see too. So, I don’t love it. But is what it is. Still wanna buy a tract of land…. And get AWAY. Lol

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Leave to PJ to find them. They're all over the forum.

He has too much time on his hands.
Yes, that's what I say as this farm falls down around me! But at least Barbie is productive! Why does the chicken ride on the hood of the tractor? It doesn't look safe!
bg-farm-barbie.jpg

Reactions: Overmountain1

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes, that's what I say as this farm falls down around me! But at least Barbie is productive! Why does the chicken ride on the hood of the tractor? It doesn't look safe!
View attachment 40917
I would be there helping if I was closer. I love working outside.

The chicken is safer than riding with a calf that could stomp her.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I would be there helping if I was closer. I love working outside.

The chicken is safer than riding with a calf that could stomp her.
I know, and the nonprofit is a good cause, I just like to complain!

Reactions: Overmountain1

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I got the birds' day started. I'm resting. In a few I have to go out and do some stuff to baby proof the quail pen. Nothing big or heavy but enough that it will have me back in here laying down again.

You know, I wasn't going to say anything until I saw my doc but it's obvious that things are just getting worse and making it harder for me to participate.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Don't we all. Well maybe not OM.
Nah, I just try not to inflict that side of me on ya too often. When I do let go- beware. There may not be enough letters on Tapatalk to express what I’m really feeling!

It’s nice of you to think that of me tho. I need to show my hubby- he will get a good giggle too I bet!

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm resting again and thinking. I need to zip tie some small square netting to the bottom of the quail pen but even my little fingers can't grab the other end. So, resting and thinking how to do that. Maybe needle nose pliers.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
I got the birds' day started. I'm resting. In a few I have to go out and do some stuff to baby proof the quail pen. Nothing big or heavy but enough that it will have me back in here laying down again.

You know, I wasn't going to say anything until I saw my doc but it's obvious that things are just getting worse and making it harder for me to participate.
I do a chore or two then a break then a chore or two then break then a chore or two then break... At the end of the day I'm always pissed at myself as I never get enough done.

Try to keep a positive thought and don't overdo.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I'm resting again and thinking. I need to zip tie some small square netting to the bottom of the quail pen but even my little fingers can't grab the other end. So, resting and thinking how to do that. Maybe needle nose pliers.
Screening like that is frustrating with small zip ties, I usually use needle nose pliers with my big clumsy fingers.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts