Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hiya everyone!
A few days ago my husband , Jake, and myself went and bought these little cuties. We haven’t named them yet as we like to spend some time with each animal first to get to know them before we give them a name.
we will update it once we’ve named them.
We believe they are female by checking their cloaca. Nothing protruded, but we aren’t NOT experts at all.
My name is Jahna and my husband is Jake. We have only about a year experience with raising birds. Any advice is well received.
Have a great new year!
Bird Phasianidae Galliformes Beak Ducks, geese and swans
Corn Bird Window Corn on the cob Light
Vertebrate Fawn Beak Waterfowl Ducks, geese and swans
Food Natural foods Ingredient Yellow Staple food
Wood Bird Feather Terrestrial animal Waterfowl
Bird Toy Beak Waterfowl Ducks, geese and swans
Bird Beak Ducks, geese and swans Waterfowl Feather
Wood Hardwood Plastic wrap Brush Natural material
Bird Light Fence Mesh Beak
Corn Bird Corn on the cob Green Plant

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
I was thinking how much variety there is in the Muscovys. Even the skin color is different in the same breed.

Then there's the dude outside waiting on his new friends to grow up and join him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys
Thanks for your replies! I’ll be sure to post new pics regularly. And yes, Knott is waiting for his new friends to get bigger. They already follow him around. I let him in to say hello for five minutes. Then he takes them for a swim. But he is on heat and tries to bite me after a while. He gets very distracted but loved these ducklings already. He ran away from them in the first meet. They ran fast after him following him happily. He was terrified. Now, he’s more brave.
He loves his Rooster father, Elvis. And Elvis takes very good care of his duck son. He takes his flock off to bed in the shed every night at 630pm. And then brings them out at 7am to eat breakfast. He’s such a good rooster and he’s the smallest of them all. But they still all listen to him.
have a good week everyone!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi guys
Thanks for your replies! I’ll be sure to post new pics regularly. And yes, Knott is waiting for his new friends to get bigger. They already follow him around. I let him in to say hello for five minutes. Then he takes them for a swim. But he is on heat and tries to bite me after a while. He gets very distracted but loved these ducklings already. He ran away from them in the first meet. They ran fast after him following him happily. He was terrified. Now, he’s more brave.
He loves his Rooster father, Elvis. And Elvis takes very good care of his duck son. He takes his flock off to bed in the shed every night at 630pm. And then brings them out at 7am to eat breakfast. He’s such a good rooster and he’s the smallest of them all. But they still all listen to him.
have a good week everyone!
That’s so cute!! Thank you for sharing!

I have a 3 ducklings currently and my Muscovy hen loves them a lot, her mate is always with her so he’s “daddy” of them all! I don’t think he likes that to much, but he’s the mate to their “mom” so looks like he has no choice lol!

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
I've seen that in other animals, the fear at first meeting. Then it's total devotion after the fear wears off.

It would have been a hoot to catch them on video when they were chasing him around.

BTW, @CaliFarmsAR, WW was wondering if there was to tell what other duck breed is in Knott.

And @Winged Wife, what country are you in? That might make a difference on what other breed of duck is in your country.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've seen that in other animals, the fear at first meeting. Then it's total devotion after the fear wears off.

It would have been a hoot to catch them on video when they were chasing him around.

BTW, @CaliFarmsAR, WW was wondering if there was to tell what other duck breed is in Knott.

And @Winged Wife, what country are you in? That might make a difference on what other breed of duck is in your country.
I’m thinking he’s a Rouen, he’s definitely to big to be a mallard!

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,384 Posts
Darn, I just want to squeeze them! They're such gorgeous fluff balls!😘

1 - 10 of 10 Posts