Our new Gorgeous guy..

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by hollyosborn, Oct 30, 2012.

1. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

Here is Bodey!!!! we went to a neighbors to learn to butcher chickens, and they had 2 of these guys.. and one girl.. so.. laughing to myself.. i told my son to go catch the rooster and we would save its life..... darned if the kid didnt come back 10 minutes later carrying the rooster! HAHA.. hes about 9 mo i think.. and wanted to fight me CONSTANTLY.. attack my legs, come after me.. fought with the barred rocker rooster.. but now hes calmed down.. loves to come out the chicken door every morning and get his petting from me... hangs out with the barred rock 9 mo old girls and loves the babies.

Attached Files:

2. rob

rob New Member

what a great looking rooster. :)

3. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Very handsome young roo. :)

4. Helens-Hens

Helens-Hens New Member

hes lovely , hes a silver penciled pekin although his shape could be closer to type , we dont get the silver pencilled here in uk they are extreamly rare
    hes goergous
    very handsome

5. sandra

sandra New Member

6. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

OOHHHH see I was told he was a Bantum... awesome.. thankyou!!! hes a sweet boy.. NOW.. lol

7. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

He can be both. He is a silver penciled pekin (what we call a cochin in the US) and they come in both bantam sized and standard or large fowl sized. Bantam is not a breed, it's a size. So yours is a bantam silver penciled pekin - as opposed to a standard or LF pekin. :)

8. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

He's gorgeous!!! Nice save kids! ;)

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Ok, give him here! He's beautiful!!!

11. Helens-Hens

Helens-Hens New Member

the pekin bantam does not have a large fowl version i.e. cochin
    the cochin is a completely different breed , but yes batam is just the size not the breed ,
    i bet your very pleased with him :)