Our Last Swim of the Summer

Discussion in 'Waterfowl' started by chickenqueen, Sep 5, 2017.

1. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

I was able to get one more swim in with the geese but the water is already cold so it was a short swim.The geese were 4 mos old on the first.They act more like dogs than poultry.In the first pic I had just called them.They come like dogs.They follow us all over the yard and hang out close by,chattering the whole time.They are starting to get protective of the yard and even chased my son back into his car.I couldn't help but laugh though he didn't think it was funny.I wondered what they would do if they caught up with him because they do have teeth and aren't afraid to use them.Forget the dog,I need "Beware of Geese" signs seriously.I'll be ordering some today.

Attached Files:

Maryellen and squirrelhunter like this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

Love the pics. I knew geese were good watch dogs. Now the question? How do you introduce them to visitors so they don't go after people that belong, like your son?

3. robin416

You need a goose avatar, I like the one with them flying to meet you but it might not show up well being so small.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

You need an avatar period, I'm tired of staring at a blank space.

Maryellen likes this.
  5. dawg53

dawg53 Well-Known Member

Yeah CQ, time for an avatar.

6. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member

Here's where I got my "Beware of Ducks" signs,you can get Custom ones like mine where you can put whatever you want on them.
    http://www.safetysign.com/gate-warning-signs
    My geese are starting to be good watch dogs too.

chickenqueen likes this.
  7. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

I know,I know but I was thinking of putting one of my chicken(s) on it considering this is the Chicken Forum.As for the territorial geese,they do a better job of patrolling the yard than the dog.I told my son they could have been running to greet him and he should have stood his ground,he's a big guy,probably close to 300 lbs.He could take them on.Some friends come over and the geese run to greet them but they were around a lot when they were babies.Everybody who meets them falls in love with them.I can't understand why they are not more popular in the US.

squirrelhunter and seminolewind like this.
  8. robin416

You did it!!! That took way too long.

Dealing with a single dog is easier than a whole flock of geese after your behind.

squirrelhunter likes this.
  9. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member