Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I apologize if someone posted about this. But Can anyone recommend a good organic feed for the hens?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Is there a specific reason you are seeking to feed your chickens organic feed? It is often very expensive and hard to find. I appreciate the desire to keep things as non-GMO and healthy as possible, but when it comes to paying almost $30 a bag for poultry feed, I cannot justify the cost myself.

Also, it helps to know where you are located. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I try to only feed myself and family organic foods. It's the very reason I bought my own chickens. So I know exactly what they eat and in return I know what the eggs contain.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Good reason. If you have a small flock that is just supplying eggs for your table, then it would make sense to pay the additional price. But for those of us with larger flocks, it does become a burden. I don't eat all our eggs (hatch most of them this time of year!) so that's not so much of an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hey I apologize if someone posted about this. But Can anyone recommend a good organic feed for the hens?
Ask your local feed store, they should be able to order it for you. You could also raise some organic feed for you chickens, to help. (And no it doesn't take a large garden to do so.)

Best of luck and keep us posted ... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts