Ordering Pullets

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by stuckinvtown, Apr 17, 2013.

1. stuckinvtown

stuckinvtown New Member

Who is your favorite vendor/hatchery to make small orders online? I am looking for 2 doms and 2 easter egger pullets. Picky, I know. Any recommendations? I have read mixed reviews about californiahatchery.com. I can keep checking my local classifieds, but I would love to know where you go to make your order. Thanks, Chicken Folk.

Jessie

2. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

Posted this on another thread but most places have a minimum order on their shipments. I would recommend google some hatcheries and seeing what their minimum is. Good luck !

3. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I really like IDeal hatchery and Cackle hatchery. Of the 11 sexed chicks I ordered from cackle
    they all seem to be correct. I order sexed chicks from Meyer last year and was not pleased. Between the chicks dying and have 3 of the 8 sexed wrong I will not use them again.

4. stuckinvtown

stuckinvtown New Member

Thank you. I was looking at Meyer today; that's good to know. I appreciate it.

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I ordered from Meyers. Chicks should be coming at the end of the month.

6. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

What did you get EV? I have chicks in the bator. First timer, I can't wait!

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I've got silkies, frizzles, barred rocks and white crested black polish under my hen. Meyers is sending buff orps, black Jersey Giants, and buff laced polish. All are due at the same time at the end of the month.

8. GenFoe

GenFoe New Member

Ohh I want a frizzle! I thought I knew all the birds I wanted but being on here and some blogs I want even more!

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

That's the only reason I'm hatching. I agreed to hatch everything else to maybe get a frizzle. He had eggs - I had a broody hen. What a deal!