opinions wanted!! pullet or cock?

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by realsis, Jan 26, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis New Member

Hi, I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible on this. I know you all have a better eye than I do and I'm looking for some opinions. I asked this in another thread but was hoping I'd get more opinions in this thread. So forgive the double thread. I know it's very difficult to sex silkies, but I also believe most of you have a good eye for sexing with subtle clues. Could you all please give your opinions on my bird. Cock or pullet? I'm only looking for opinion here and the more opinions the better!! I hope you don't mind me asking on this thread ! Please help! Opinions wanted! Thank you all so much! You are all so great!! So here's my bird. Please take a look and let me know what you think! Again thank you all for your opinion!

ForumRunner_20130126_083446.jpg

2. Wrigley

Wrigley Junior Member

Hey realsis, I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with Silkies. I too have heard that they can be tough to sex. Unfortunatly by the time you get an answer, you'll be able to tell on your own.

Good luck, it's a beautiful chick no matter the sex.

Wrigley

3. BantamHero

BantamHero New Member

What is the age on this beautiful chick??

4. realsis

realsis New Member

3 months or close to three months. That's her/his age :)

5. BantamHero

BantamHero New Member

I don't know the age but according to josh32 and I we believe it's a young pullet congrats!! :) the reason I say this is, the comb looked really dark and not like a brighter cherry color. It being darker seems like you have a young pullet.

6. realsis

realsis New Member

Oh thank you much! Yes her comb is a black color and kinda smooth. So if it we're a male it would be a reddish color? That's really good to know. I'll be getting one more on Friday. 2/3 month old buff. I'm praying for a black comb on that one too! Then my little flock will be finished! :) I am very grateful for your opinion!

7. BantamHero

BantamHero New Member

Your welcome:) but be careful on buffs females combs can be a pinkish color as males will be a reddish!! Good luck on your flock!!

8. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

sis
    I feel like I'm stalking you, finding this thread with our mutual question :)
    my twin to your chick is looking longer in the neck. wondered if that means anything. it(ahem) is slow to feather, pretty much fuzzy from crown to toes.

9. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

griffin...my twin to yours. does the long neck mean anything?
    image-3387701899.jpg