• no I don't think so

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all that have helped me in the past and new people!

I have an olive egger hen who is about 8 months old, and she is very shy. Her name is Penny, and all of her sisters are already laying every day. She has not laid a single egg and an article I read on google said that olive eggers start laying at around 5 months. I know they are supposed to lay green eggs, and I have an easter egger that lays teal-ish blue eggs:
Food Egg Oval Rectangle Wood

She stopped laying for about 3 months, but I found her in the nesting box, and saw her lay the egg. So I know her eggs are not actually Penny's eggs. I don't know why she's not laying, but it's almost winter in NC and the temperatures are dropping. They are not too low, at 68F tonight, but I'm wondering if she will start laying before winter starts, and if not, if she will start in spring.
Plant Mesh Pet supply Wire fencing Grass

Penny is the chicken that is in the back next to the easter egger that is white-ish. Any ideas??? I'm really worried for her!

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,249 Posts
I wouldn't know why she isn't laying, is her comb still small and pinkish? Are you sure she is pure Oliver Egger? Where did you get her?

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't know why she isn't laying, is her comb still small and pinkish? Are you sure she is pure Oliver Egger? Where did you get her?
She Is acting normal healthwise, and her comb, wattle, and earlobe are fine. I got her at little birdy hatchery.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,249 Posts
I know her comb wattles and earlobe are fine but when a chicken is getting ready to lay their comb and wattles turn a blood red color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts