Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. A friend sent me the name of your forum. I am planning on chickens this spring. For eggs at first, then on to more. I plan on keeping them all year, so winter will be a concern. Not as much as heat though.

We live in the Cincinnati area of Ohio. Well, actually a rural little township about 40 minutes from Cincinnat.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and learning! :D

DebFred

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi DebFred! Welcome to the forum. Welcome to joining chickenhood! You are going to enjoy having chickens so much!!! What kind are you planning to get?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kind is kinda up in the air. I am thinking about Buckeyes, RIR's, Barred Rocks or Golden Comets. Any hints?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

Come on in!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi All. A friend sent me the name of your forum. I am planning on chickens this spring. For eggs at first, then on to more. I plan on keeping them all year, so winter will be a concern. Not as much as heat though.

We live in the Cincinnati area of Ohio. Well, actually a rural little township about 40 minutes from Cincinnat.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and learning! :D

DebFred
Welcome neighbor!!! I'm in SW Ohio, too....along with about 100 Buckeye chickens north of Cincinnati about 40 miles!!! Glad to have another Ohioan to share chicken talk with!!!:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I say buckeyes. We are in Ohio and they thrive here. Besides, Jeff (BuckeyeChickens) is right next door to you, and if you converse with him at all, he will convince you. Actually the buckeyes will convince you themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Welcome to chicken land! I did my undergrad in NE Ohio. 4 years at Hiram College. Great Place! I'd move back in a heartbeat. Welcome from NJ.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I say buckeyes. We are in Ohio and they thrive here. Besides, Jeff (BuckeyeChickens) is right next door to you, and if you converse with him at all, he will convince you. Actually the buckeyes will convince you themselves.
I'm always willing to talk somebody into keeping and raising Buckeyes.....the ONLY breed developed by a woman and from Ohio to boot!!! What's not to love about the "Buckeye REDS"????:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi again all!

Buckeye Chickens, I called a feed place close to me that gets chicks. They never heard of Buckeyes. Where can I get some please?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi again all!

Buckeye Chickens, I called a feed place close to me that gets chicks. They never heard of Buckeyes. Where can I get some please?
Deb, you can try the Buckeye Breeders Directory at the American Buckeye Club website (see the link in my signature below) or send me a private message (PM) and maybe I can help you find someone in your state. I also sell chicks and hatching eggs, I am NPIP and ship ALL over the USA! Chicks start shipping in March and hatching eggs have been going out since early December. :)

My website is www.crainsrunranch.com and has an order page for PayPal buyers! PM me first if you want chicks and I can give you some idea of what shipping dates I currently have available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts