Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any studies out on the.nutritional info for farm eggs vs commercial eggs? I sometimes track my food for sparkpeople and wonder what the protein and fat really are comparable to a commercial egg.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I've heard two reports but as I don't know who did the study nor do I know who "paid" for the study ... I say take it with a few grains of salt. Both report came back as "No difference" ... :rolleyes:

For me it knowing where my food comes from ... I know what I feed my animals and how they are treated ...

So study or not ... I'm cool with what I do & how I do it ... :p

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
That makes sense though. That's what I would have predicted the answer to be. It's because there is a "magic" genetic recipe for what needs to be in a egg to start and support a baby chicken. Usually that is supplied at the expense of the mother. So the mother will give to the egg even if she puts herself in deficiency state. (remember the woman with all the children). So she will make herself calcium deficient (life threatening situation) so that her offspring can survive. So it would make sense that the eggs would be identical. Eggs are considered perfect food. That's why.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

·
Scrambled Eggs
88 Posts
Here is my personal study. I will never eat a commercial egg. once you go orange yoke you never go back.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
I read recently free range have higher omega 3 but aside from that I haven't read much else.

Well, except what's in this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts