Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! My homestead is in its final phases of construction, and I shall move in by mid-2016. Retirement is also part of this. (I haven't posted for a while, alas!)

While I won't be getting chickens (and, possibly, guinea fowl) until 2017, I will be planning and plotting out my chicken coop, chicken tractor, and fenced-in region for my poultry. So it's past time to return here!

I am interested in both laying hens (and a rooster or two); and in meat chickens, mostly of heritage breeds (especially the meat birds, since I'm not over-fond of the breast).

I want the guinea fowl mainly for tick control, although after having tasted guinea fowl, they're not bad eating, either.

Climate: New England, zone upper 4/lower 5. (Hill country of Western MA).

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
For the meat birds check out the rainbow rangers,the 1 1/2 year old DP layers i have weigh nothing in caparison to the meat birds i grew out.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Welcome back!!! Sounds like you have a good plan. Hoping you can step things up and get in during 2016. You will receive lots and lots of suggestions on chickens, LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Nm and seminolewind! I think I'll be tracking down lots of useful info here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, yes, there'll be pictures.... Me and my camera are pretty inseparable at times....;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts