Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We raise American Blackbelly and Cracker Sheep on our 20 acre farm in NW Florida.
We do have three Eastern Wild Turkeys but no chickens yet. We hope to be able to run free range chickens behind our sheep as we rotate them on the 8 pastures. Thanks for the opportunity to join!

Our farm....
http://millstonefarm.weebly.com/index.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome! Can you post some images to this thread of your flock and coop setup?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I built this for my daughter, 23 years ago, and as the kids grew up, some of the lattice was damaged and they put chicken wire on it and used it to house chickens, guineas, and quail. That's the closest we've gotten to an actual chicken coop. It's not really in the "farm zone" of our property so I think I will renovate it to it's original intent as a playhouse, for the grandkids instead of it's present modification with chickenwire around the bottom.

Attachments

·
Yaya
284 Posts
Overeasy said:
I built this for my daughter, 23 years ago, and as the kids grew up, some of the lattice was damaged and they put chicken wire on it and used it to house chickens, guineas, and quail. That's the closest we've gotten to an actual chicken coop. It's not really in the "farm zone" of our property so I think I will renovate it to it's original intent as a playhouse, for the grandkids instead of it's present modification with chickenwire around the bottom.
lucky kids! lucky chickens!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts